ultra dendro

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

kalristo

anybody know how long it takes for them to open up? ive had it for a day now.

20tj7h1.jpg

1zf2y5t.jpg

+1 on higher...u can put it kinda like this
DSC06884.jpg

about opening..it will take a few days..try squirting some food juice on it..to encourage it to open up:)

i see. man i really hope they open up pretty soon.
how much did you buy yours for? i think i got a really good deal

well i bought a few other things and did a little negotiating on price so i got 2 small cleaner shrimp for 24 bucks, 3 mysis feeding shrimp packs for 9 bucks then 47 for 2 heads of ultra duncans. oh and he also threw in 3 free snails

Check to see if they open after the lights go out, as mentioned it is not a coral that requires light. They usually prefer a highly shaded or dark area in the tank with a GOOD flow continually across them. They catch their food out of the water stream. If you start to feed them (shrimp juice and smaller bits) around the same time they will be out waiting for you to feed them. Being so close to the light is probably why they are not coming out.

Took me about two days to change theier cycle to days. I would just spot feed them and they will open quick. They are the pigs of my tank. anything i put to them they eat. Best $30 i ever spent.

I always wondered how people that keep their dendros get them to open up during the day. I always thought that they only open up at night....

Now I know! Haha, bribing them with food during the day! I didn't realize you could actually change their cycle by feeding them during the day!

Took me about two days to change theier cycle to days. I would just spot feed them and they will open quick. They are the pigs of my tank. anything i put to them they eat. Best $30 i ever spent.

update, they seem to be flat instead of concave now. the mouth of them i mean. i hope that makes sense.

Back