Un-killable cucumber

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

mysis

hello, i have a black knobby cucumber, i brought it home on some lr and i had no water from it's previous tank so i dumped it in my tank, (during a cycle). over the past few weeks, i haven't seen him, then all of a sudden last week he came out. every day he is out, scouring the sand bed, munching on it looking for food. the cucumber stood up to nitrite lvls of 10 ppm, nitrates of 40ppm +, and not to mention that 10 minute drive home out of the water. now my question is, how did this creature live and how do i properly care, for it, and feeding is my main problem, as i think my sandbed is to small for the cucumber which is 12 cm long, and about 1 inch thick. Also you ever come across such behaviour, and a creature as delicate as a cucumber live through those parameters and the stress of not being properly introduced into the aquarium.

There's 100's of different cucumbers species ranging from ultra delicate to hardy and undestructible, like yours seems to be. I have a nudibranch in my tank that went through the same perils as your cucumber and has been with me for at least 4 yrs. and they're supposed to be fragile. Now as for care and feeding you might need to spot feed it and/or try not to add too many detrivores to the tank so the cucumber has enough leftoves to eat. HTH

Cool, i thought all were week little thing and very delicate, "how wrong i was" well thanks, my aquarium also contains a yellow headed sleaper goby, which is sifting all the time. Is that bad for the cucumber? also it seems to be getting bigger so it must be eating.

Back