UV filter glass

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Phatman

Could anyone direct me to a website or store in the seattle tacoma area that i could get a piece of UV filtering glass? I have been calling everywhere and nobody does this type of glass. thank you for your time

Could anyone direct me to a website or store in the seattle tacoma area that i could get a piece of UV filtering glass? I have been calling everywhere and nobody does this type of glass. thank you for your time

Try a framing/art supply store. I think they provide UV glass to protect artwork. Also, is this for a fixture or a DIY project? You may want to call the mfg of the fixture you are trying to replace the glass on.
Another thing to consider is that some bulbs have UV protection already built into the glass of the bulb.

You can call any glass shop in the US and order Low-E glass. That is what your looking for
If its for light fixtures, you'll need to special order tempered Low-E glass.

Most low E glass will hit your par pretty good since most is not opticly clear. Frame shops have true clear uv filtering glass but it won't be tempered and most cannot be tempered after the fact.

Don

From what I've read (can't remember where) and also heard from glass pros that all glass is UV filtering.
Just make sure to get tempered glass for sure.

Cheers,
Alex

Back