uv sterilizer or ozone

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

sirfisher

reef tank
I have be thinking about trying ozone but I get mixed reviews about it. I have a 125 gal. tank and 30 gal. sump. I'm running a 25w aqua step ulteraviotert sterilizer now and thinking about going bigger. I would like some feed back on this.:confused:
thanks

Its just a tool for water quality. If you have no issues now then i see no need for this. Also depends on your amount and type of stock.

Any one that has used O3 properly would not give you a mixed review. O3 will simply give you the clearest tank possibe.It can be a pain with the equipment but once you get past that its good stuff.

Absolutely agree with Don.
I attribute it to directly saving my sps tank when a series of events started a catastrophic colapse of the water quality. SPS tank that was packed with large fish and other softy and LPS corals.

Took three months, but saved most. The Ozone was the biggest part of the final cure. Lot of work, or time, or money to buy equipment, but if you need it and have it, you'll love it. Not for beginners or low budget systems but awesome.

Even if you do not currently "need it", sure makes an excellent insurance policy against unforseen future problems.

Just make sure the equipment used is compatibale with the ozone. I use mine injected to my skimmer which I think is the only way to do it, correct me if I'm wrong. But like everyone stated, water clarity was ridiculous and skim was even nastier.

Back