vacation mishaps

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

MarineTeng

Reef Padawan
well over vacation, only 3 days a few things went wrong.
first my ocelleris clown died cause he got sucked through my overflow and stuck on the sponge, i really need to fix that
second, a powerhead suction cups failed and pointed itself directly at frogspawn blowing on it for who knows how long.... we'll see if it opens again...
Andrew

Sorry for the troubles while you were gone :(. Let us know how your frogspawn does.

Sorry to hear about the clown that you lost. I lost my first fish over the weekend and it isn't a good feeling. I wouldn't worry too much about the frogspawn, it will probably be fine.

Need I say More:

Tang_Clam1.jpg

:shock:

jlehigh - is the tang still doing alright? That has to be the most shocking thing to come home to!! I still can't believe you didn't lose the fish!

Alive and growing... Darn trooper brushed it off like nothing happened. It's a delightful little tang and I hope to provide a safer home for many years to come.

Clams are Evil! LOL jk

My PH's are always coming un-sucked....for lacked of better words. I bought a few cheapie magnetic cleaners to epoxy the PH to and avoid this, though I haven't done it yet.

what i did on one is use the cord to keep it at least at the same level, just stuck it under my HOB overflow the other one i should do that too

two words for you on the PH problem....zip ties. They can be used to secure power heads almost anywhere in the tank.

I tried zipties and they worked on my overflow box teeth, but then algae was growing because it was blocking the flow. Then on RC I found 4 maxi jets siliconed to those magnets and oh my god are they great! You will love it! I also got a seio mounted to a tunze magnet. They work so great after years of those sucky cups! No more!

lol, i need to get some seio's my mom keeps complaing about energy costs, and i've only got pc's, got to cut the energy with the maxi's the 1200's take 23 while seio 620's only take 8, it's like 1/6 of the engery for the flow, maybe it'll lower tank temp too, i'm running 80-83 varying on day time cooler during the day warmer at night.... i wonder if that messes corals up...

Back