Vehical Curse rant!!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

mojoreef

Reef Keeper
Ok so I guess we all go through a period of vehical issues but man I tell you the last few months have been extra special for me. So a little rant to vent lol

First car is the wifes 300. We get a wind storm and decide to got out and bring the dogs in, we get to her car and hear a huge "snap sound" I grab her and stop her just to catch out of the corner of my eye somehting big coming down in front of us. Well a 60 foot tree snapped in half and decided to come down right at us like a massive lawn dart. Long story short, branches hit us, wife panics and punches me in the nose while running, and the tree hits the back of the car, through the window, through the steel frame under it, the trunk and right through the floor boards. Pegged. 12 weeks in the slowest body shop this side of the rockies and has been back 4 times (17K in damage)

Second car, I was taking my kid to play soccer in my Jeep Commander (60K 4x4) and went into a parking lot, with in that their was a puddle, I stopped and watch a few hondas and small cars drive through it and saw that it was only about 8 inches deep and about 50 feet long. SO I figure no problemo. Well I drive through and the jeep stalls on the other side. I restart it and man the clunking noise is unreal, I shut it down and long story short water gets into the motor and blows it (bent all piston rods) perfect just what I got a 4x4 for??? tow it to a shop and they put a new motor in, when I pick it up and drive it about 4 blocks from the dealership it dies?? return to the shop freakout as they never test drove it. SO the mechanic jumps in to drive it into the shop and backs it striaght into a brand new cadillac??? Anyway after getting the body work done and the motor working again I have to go up to Canada to grab some excess furnature from the moms house. Well while driving back with a trailer in tow, in a snow storm the motor decides to stop at 65mph, jack knife, slide, off the hwy but manage to not crash. It does this 5 more times on the way home?? back in the shop!!

Anyway just wanted to rant a bit, lol

Mojo

Ugh.. happened to my dads honda in a sense..

Works fine for a bit then.. bam
carburetor - 1500$ w/ tuneup blah blah they say the timing chain is loose and they can't tighten it due to government regulations
so then about two weeks later.. Head gasket.. 500$
one week later starter 250$
Few days ago.. timing chain.. 500$

All this over some FUBAR honda. Sometimes it just seems like luck is against you at every turn.

Holy Crap Mojo!!!!

Yes, we all go through the phases of vehicular protestation, where our vehicles decide to protest. However, it seems you've had a double dose of it lately!! That really sucks!! Combined with all of the extra traveling you've had to do lately, this spells HORRIBLE LUCK!!

I hope things improve for you your family, and extended family, soon, Mike!! You need a reprieve!

Whoa Mike ! That really does bite the big one. I hope this ranting has been therapeutic for you as you'll need more owning a JEEP. I loved my old Cherokee but it sure was a Major Pain in the A$$ at times. 250K on first motor and finally sold it with 100K+ on second block. Anyway next time through to/from Canada you'll have to stop by for a visit and a cup-o-Joe am or Ale/Cocktail pm. Take care and hope at least the Reeftank Project is going along without any hicups.

Cheers, Todd

I thought the last time we talked Mojo that would have been the last of your car troubles. Man I'm not sure what you did, but you can keep that bad luck!! :eek:. Hopefully this time, it is the end of it. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I too have had my share of vehicle trouble, but I'm a beginer compared to you Mike!!
It has to get better... Right?
Sending ya good thoughts.

Ugh.. happened to my dads honda in a sense..

Works fine for a bit then.. bam
carburetor - 1500$ w/ tuneup blah blah they say the timing chain is loose and they can't tighten it due to government regulations
so then about two weeks later.. Head gasket.. 500$
one week later starter 250$
Few days ago.. timing chain.. 500$

All this over some FUBAR honda. Sometimes it just seems like luck is against you at every turn.

must be a really old honda because they were only carburated in the mid 80's!! plus you can buy a complete motor for the $1500 bucks!!!

mojo that sucks i never heard of water causing your issue i have heard of hydro lock but that due to water left in the engine and pretty much rusting everything and seizing the bearings up.

must be a really old honda because they were only carburated in the mid 80's!! plus you can buy a complete motor for the $1500 bucks!!!

mojo that sucks i never heard of water causing your issue i have heard of hydro lock but that due to water left in the engine and pretty much rusting everything and seizing the bearings up.

Some 1988 civic i think.. I hate it, with all of my being.

No I guess the wheel wells are shaped so when you go through water they funnel the water into the engine compartment?? Not sure who thought that one up?? SO the water flooded in and then went into the air intake , then into the engine and as we all know water does not compress so all the piston rods did instead!! Anyway they put the new motor in but its undriveable, it cant go more then a mile with out turning off. The Dealership sent it to a Jeep specialty place and they cant seem to get it going either, They have replaced 12 sensors and the main ECM but still cant get it from shutting down? Originally the dealership tried to say it wasnt their problem and to take it somewhere myself, so I had to get the lawyer involved, so they have been good since then, but I would really like to get this one passed me.

Todd I will take you up on that, I usually end up staying at a hotel on the way back, so a boring night could use some reef talk.

thanks for the kind words folks

Mike

Back