Vemangi tang

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

If you're asking about a Naso vlamingii or Vlamingii tang some people will say they need to stay in the ocean or at best be in a VERY large tank. I do have one in my 260. It was given to me by a friend that made an impulse buy. It quickly out grow thier 180. I've had her about 6 months and she's about ready for a bigger tank. I'll probably be donating it to an aquarium as soon as I can find one that will take her. I'll hate to see her go but will know she'll be much happier.
DSCN0829.jpg

Dang they wont fight, but like old saint says they do grow very quick and will out grow that tank, they get up to 2 feet long.

Mike

heres mine. i do love it , how do u tell the sex? its in a kinda small tank 100gal or so but she seems happy. i used to wonder if my fish where happy. becuse any time they see me they come to the glass , like pigs to the slop. then i just wrote it off as fat fish. but i will soon start moveing my frag tank in to a 250gal tank

Attachments

• shiny bibng.JPG
    shiny bibng.JPG
    49.3 KB
The vlamingi's I've had experience with tolerate other tangs well, but not other vlamingi's. This one is 16" and living in a 2500 gallon system happily. He will literally roll on his side at the top for you to pet him. It can't be good for him, and maybe he wants cleaned, but it's hysterical to watch! I definitely couldn't see trying to keep one long term in anything much smaller!

normal_vlamingi3.jpg

Barbie

hey , whats your vlamingi like to eat best?
i have tryed a few things , like the norm , flake ,pellet, romaine, sorri.
i have also tryed carrots.. did not like them too much. cabbage purlpe not so much. banna . so so. cucumber . it like the wite part.
but it loved grapes the most .
but mostly just gets pellets and romaine . sometime gets a grape or too

Back