Very Weird

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

babyuu

my yellow tang caught the black ich i know caught him and put him in the copper tank.

besides that ive noticed the last couple of weeks that some morning when i turn on the tank lights the dot n dash butter has little dots on his fins and when i come home 6 hours later their gone.

KNOW today after i got the yelllow tang out last night i turned the tank lights on this morning and the fox face, dot n dash(more the dot n dash)it looked like they had ich all over them (little dots).i when to work bugging and left early to check the fish and when i got home they where clean DO I HAVE SOMETHING TO WORRY ABOUT THANKS...........:confused:

Not sure what to say...It does sound kind of weird :confused: I've never experienced ich so I'm not quite sure what to expect. Here's a bump for you and if you still don't end up getting the feedback you are looking for, I'd say to ask SteveS about it either by posting the same thread in his forum or maybe shoot him a pm. Best of luck:)

It is normal for ich to not be visible all hours of the day. It is usually more visable when lights are first turned on.

Are they acting sick? you know, rubbing against rocks, swiming wierd...
Can it just be sand? if the fish go to "sleep" on the sand bed it is posible some sand may get on them but then they just shake it off?

Little Luey said:
Are they acting sick? you know, rubbing against rocks, swiming wierd...
Can it just be sand? if the fish go to "sleep" on the sand bed it is posible some sand may get on them but then they just shake it off?

u may be right,they eat and act perfect. they may be dancing in the sand bed i made on the side of the tank for the yellow tailed wrasse to sleep.

thanks i think ur right. but still concerned about the black ich i hope it didnt make life on the bottom of my tank.

How about getting a cleaner shrimp or a cleaner goby? they can help clean the fish if there is some parasite on them, just for insurance.

Little Luey said:
How about getting a cleaner shrimp or a cleaner goby? they can help clean the fish if there is some parasite on them, just for insurance.

ive got a colony of 10.as for the goby please give me some examples(names)of different type of cleaner gobys so i can look up the different speices.;)

Little Luey said:

also i heard that the black ich or parasite can grow on the bottom of the glass of the aquarium i also have a bear bottom with coralline algae. with a small sand bed on the side(kind of like a sand box) for the wrasse to sleep.

will the shrimps eat the black parasite or ich that grows on the bottom of the tank or will i have to take another road to make sure my other fish dont get it.

Black ick is not ick but a Turbellaria flat worm common to yellow tanks especially. The are usually Paravortex sp. Formalin baths or Fw dips sometimes work.

However, it sounds like you also have regular ick, are these dots white ?. It is not on the fish now as it is going through its benthic cycle and will reappear on the fish in 2- 7 days noramlly. Black ick also goes through a cycle where it can repopulate the fish.

Look at these. Do you one of them or both of them ?

Balck Ick
BlksptD1.jpg

White Ick
juraqua1.jpg

Boomer said:
Black ick is not ick but a Turbellaria flat worm common to yellow tanks especially. The are usually Paravortex sp. Formalin baths or Fw dips sometimes work.

However, it sounds like you also have regular ick, are these dots white ?. It is not on the fish now as it is going through its benthic cycle and will reappear on the fish in 2- 7 days noramlly. Black ick also goes through a cycle where it can repopulate the fish.

Look at these. Do you one of them or both of them ?

Balck Ick
BlksptD1.jpg

White Ick
juraqua1.jpg

thanks for the help,i dont have that many blacks dots on the tang in fact since i put him in the copper tank the other day he looks clean i gave a freshwater dip than threw him in the copper tank and know looks good.

the thing that im worryed about is can the black ich start some kind of colony on the bottom of my tank in the big system.

When some of us get ich we pull all of our fish out to use hyposalinity in a quarantine tank for 4-6 weeks and let the display tank go fish free so we can rid the tank and the fish of ich.

Back