Videos Section

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I can hopefully get the dowflake here at work as the winter comes its usually here somewhere.
did you buy the maxi mod kit or build your own?

Im still waiting on a ricordia....:D

And wait you will - I did cut a green one after the last meeting to see what happens - as for the mod I just bought Plastic from Fry's and rod from trains and lanes but got some graphite and props from mjmods.com. could not see paying that much for plastic. its 11 for the large shroud and only 3 for a schd 80 slip. You can get the props cheaper else where but unless you buy a shit load the shipping kind of makes it prohibitive. So I actually am doing it right now. Looking to see which way to glue the prop on. Then some more finishing work Yada yada yada. I think Ed bought the kit that is where I saw it work in the flesh and it does push the water. I am so damn sick I am not moving too fast today. I have plenty of sch 80 pipe like 3 feet - should make quite a few - have 4 motor mounts made now. Need to play around with the shroud design and end cap then I may make a jig for them. Would be sweet in the 210. I also have like one of each of the props to see what they do. If you are free swing by tomorrow I should be here just give me a call first - I warn you I have the cold that is going around and it isn't pretty.

PS - Watch some of the tank vids too cool:) :) :)

Last edited:
I will be free monday night will you be around. I still want to see the tank. should I bring my mj.:D

Yeah monday is cool should be here - I got the mod done and it is too much for the 75 - of course I built the biggest design they had!!:badgrin: :badgrin: :p I still have the smaller props and stuff so I may just get a 900 and a small prop and shroud just to throttle it down a bit. Went to Todds - nothing there. kind of gettin disappointed. May have a new member for the club - Monday is also the day my bad ass RO/DI unit shows up:) :)

Back