Visiting Portland area...

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

abushr

Hi everyone,

I'm going to be visiting the Portland, Ore. area in a couple weeks and would appreciate it if you could all tell me where your favorite fish stores are? My hubby is competeing in a powerlifting competition.....so I plan on checking out some local fish places to see what kinda goodies I can take home with me....lol The Seattle people had some great suggestions when I asked about places over there....so I'm sure the Porland folks will also have some equally great places.

Thanks again,
Angie

Hi everyone,

I'm going to be visiting the Portland, Ore. area in a couple weeks and would appreciate it if you could all tell me where your favorite fish stores are? My hubby is competeing in a powerlifting competition.....so I plan on checking out some local fish places to see what kinda goodies I can take home with me....lol The Seattle people had some great suggestions when I asked about places over there....so I'm sure the Porland folks will also have some equally great places.

Thanks again,
Angie

Upscales in Tualatin is a popular store...however they are a bit pricey. Not so much on the coral side but on the equipment. Lots of healthy coral and fish.

Salt Water Fanta-Seas is a great spot and probably my favorite store. I just like the atmosphere here. Again, lots of healthy coral and fish and the store is easy to get to. This is in the East Portland area.

Sea-horse is another one that is kinda near Saltwater Fanta-seas however the place is just so darn awkward and hard to find. Good stuff though and the guy is willing to make some good deals.

I will be in the portland, salem, and dallas area of oregon in a couple weeks also! Will have to check those out! Won't do me much good though, because I'm flying. I don't know if they frown upon trying to bring live coral/fish on a plane?

I will be in the portland, salem, and dallas area of oregon in a couple weeks also! Will have to check those out! Won't do me much good though, because I'm flying. I don't know if they frown upon trying to bring live coral/fish on a plane?

FYI - there is NOTHING in Salem...it's depressing.

My girlfriend hasn't known her dad her whole life, and he found her on facebook last week. Now he wants to fly us down there to see where she was born, and meet her long lost family members.

Nothing for fish stores, or just nothing?

Nothing for fish stores...not really much else there either. Naaaahhhh, Salem really isn't a bad place. They have a really nice Saturday market near the capital building and if you are looking for something to do they have a Cinebarre(sp) which is a theater that you can go eat and drink in, kinda fun. I actually really like the feel of Salem compared to Tacoma; pretty laid back. Good luck on that meeting Dad thing...no awkwardness there.;)

Ocian in a box is in vancover wa 1hr or so from salem. check store hours before you go. I was down there last week on a sunday and thay were not open.

your comment made me laugh....I'm going to Orlando at the end of the month....and was sorta wondering the same thing.....lol

I head to Portland tomorrow.....hopefully I can sneak away from the powerlifting competition and check your suggestions out. Let you know what I find.....I just love fish stores!!!! I really need to find some new cheato!!!!

I head to Portland tomorrow.....hopefully I can sneak away from the powerlifting competition and check your suggestions out. Let you know what I find.....I just love fish stores!!!! I really need to find some new cheato!!!!

Ocean In A Box (Vancouver)
Saltwater Fantaseas
Rose City
TCM Aquatics
The Nano Reef

depending how how long you linger you do them all in a few hours.

Salem DOES have a great guy who operates The Premium Aquarium on an appt basis a his name is Garrett. If you go down there be sure to give him a call.

All the shops have contact info under the sponsors section of
http://pnwmas.org

also if your in to this sort of thing the Portland metro reptile expo just happens to be on 8/14 from 10 am to 4 pm or something like that.

It is in Wilsonville Oregon but thats like 5 minutes outside of Portland
here is a website with more information on it
http://www.pdxreptileexpo.com/
My girlfriend and I will be there you can send me a pm if you'd like

Sadly I wasn't able to sneak off and oogle the fishy goodies. But I will be back in Portland for the labor day weekend....I already told my hubby I will NOT return home that weekend until I get to oogle the fish at a minimum of 3 stores!!! I already looked up addresses and have them saved in my phone for easy acess when I get back over there. LOL

Back