Vortch MP20 for 33 Cube

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

makeme1098

Reader
I just intalled MP20 for my 33 cube and for some reason, it does not seem like there is enough flow..........I thought MP20 would be overkill for my tank and need to turn it down. I have it at 100% reef crest right now.

Something is wrong then. According to my research the MP10(the one I'm going to get) does 1500+ GPH. I have a korallia 4 in there and there is a lot of flow. I can't imagine the K4+MP10. Crazy, lol.

Last edited:
i have 2 mp10's in my 55 peninsula shallow tank and i have both of them at a little less 50%..if i put a bit over 50% it will be a bit too much and all my rics will be getting a bit blasted by flow..i have it set at reef crest too...i havent tried full power on both i tried slowly putting at max and its not even there yet but my sand are starting to get blown all over the tank...

I have 2 MP20'sin my 80 and they rock. Pic of how you placed yours might help with ideas? Without seeing it, I'd say place it on the back wall in the center about 3-5" from the surface.

Ok, so this is where I have decided to place the MP20 for now. Since I have a HOB skimmer, placing the MP20 in the back is not an option. So at this point, I can place it in the left side of the tank. Any advice??

placement.jpg

Looks good! Love the tank. Is the pump working better now? Seems like the SPS are happy.
The thing about Vortechs(from the research I have done) is that the flow is really wide and not so much direct. That might be why it feels weaker.

Thanks, looks like the flow is better at new spot. But I still have it running 100% reefcrest though.
Looks good! Love the tank. Is the pump working better now? Seems like the SPS are happy.
The thing about Vortechs(from the research I have done) is that the flow is really wide and not so much direct. That might be why it feels weaker.

Back