vortech mp40 advice

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

wes

I'm thinking of buying two vortech mp40s used and was curious if people think they are worth the money. Also does anyone know their general lifespan?

They are a really nice quality product that does what they claim and they have good customer service. You could also check out the Jebco WP40 as another option since your doing research:)

They are a really nice quality product that does what they claim and they have good customer service. You could also check out the Jebco WP40 as another option since your doing research:)

Thanks for the input. I had noticed their customer service was good when I emailed them a question and they got back to me in 3 minutes!

MP40's are really nice water movers. Have a bunch of different flow options and have a minimal footprint in the tank.
My only problem with them was the noise of the motor ramping up.
It wasn't bad, just noticeable. Once I noticed it, I couldn't ignore it.
My house it pretty quiet so they didn't work for me.
I found a guy with a pair of Tunze 6105's and we traded.
He was happy and so was I.

I'm thinking of buying two vortech mp40s used and was curious if people think they are worth the money. Also does anyone know their general lifespan?
be sure when you buy used, turn the mp40 to max speed and see if the noise is loud, loud noise equals buying a new dry side, which costs you another at least $150.
If you don't mind about the noise then used mp40 is a good investment imo.

be sure when you buy used, turn the mp40 to max speed and see if the noise is loud, loud noise equals buying a new dry side, which costs you another at least $150.
If you don't mind about the noise then used mp40 is a good investment imo.

Thanks for the advice.

Great pumps which as noted earlier has slight noise when ramping or full out bit very effective at moving water in multiple ways which generates good flow and coral stimulation. Used is a good investment then up grade. Also the customer service is outstanding and quick. One of the best investments I've done for my tank.

Back