VorTech MP40w

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

vacrin

Anyone out there that has experience with the VorTech MP40w Propeller Pump? My tank has 3/4" glass, will this pump work with this glass thickness? Their website has 3/4" as the upper end of the specs but you know how manufacturers claims often go.

Thanks

I am using this on my tank and love it. My glass is much thinner though. If you look on Reefcentral they have a company forum where they answer questions quickly. Nice product if it will hold on the 3/4" glass IMHO.

They will work with 3/4 glass or 1/2 acrylic, if you have a 3/4 acrylic tank you'll want to go another direction... Let me know if you want those and I'll see what kind a deal I can get for you..

Nelson, you'll love them....once you get passed the bill. Watch for group buys and deals though....they can be had cheaper than advertised.

$390 is real nice,although they listing the upgrade driver for$169 you can buy those @ marine depot for $99.

They will work with 3/4 glass or 1/2 acrylic, if you have a 3/4 acrylic tank you'll want to go another direction... Let me know if you want those and I'll see what kind a deal I can get for you..

Really.. I was actually just getting ready to order a few for my 300 but its 3/4" acrylic.... Bummer. Any other ideas?

Thanks Erik

I could be interested in the MP20 if possible with the group buy and the price of course. I also have a question about how loud is the motor? My tank is in a bedroom and I typically turn of the skimmer because it is way too noisy. Do you hear more than a hum?

Thanks...

Last edited:
Group Order

You're not hijacking it. Keep this discussions right here. If you can get a good price with a group order I may be interested in two mp40w. Thanks to all for the input.

Back