vortech mp40w

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

thatguy559

im thinking about selling mine its about a year old and the sound is not as quiet as i want it to be. are there any comparable ones out there like tunze? i would like it to pulse like the vortech just not as loud.

I traded my 2 MP40ES's for a pair of Tunze 6105's and a 7095 controller on RC.
Glad I did it.
There were alot of offers when I put mine up.

hMmm...i just posted it on there to see what happens. if nothing happens there i will be selling it. so i can buy the tunze ones

I am quite happy with mine. Noise has always been a prime concern with for me since the DT is in our living room but I found that running about 3/4 speed reef crest mode and I set it into night mode earlier in the evening now (wife is happier while reading or watching a movie).

yeah i like mine on pulse mode but. its just to loud i guess i never really noticed it before because it was always in the living room next to the tv. and now its in a room all by itself just bugs me when im sitting in front of it. its an awesome pump. maybe i should try a mp20?

Yeah the pulse mode sound bugs me. Have you tried the reefcrest mode? How big is your tank? I have mine on opposite ends of a 5ft long by 30in wide tank and and get decent turbulent flow. They make a bit more noise than tunze especially when you are in a variable flow setting. A constant noise becomes lost on our ear much easier than a pulsing one. However I think the variable flow is important.

yeah i have tried all the modes pulse works the best the tank is a 120g 4x2x2. any other mode tends to beat up my frogspawn forrest.

Back