vortex or c which ever it is spelled users

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

lvsuckerfish

g funk
what would you all reccomend on a 57 rimless tank 20 or 40 I plan to buy 2 or each never used before just tunze are too bulky for the clean setup look i am going for as this tank will be in the house and will be set up right no noise other then the vortec pumps.

I would just get an eco smart mp10, You can always add another one if you feel it is necessary later. With two its cool cause both the drives are link.

I have 2 MP40's in the 150 gallon reef that are synched together and that works well. . I don't think the MP10 is going to be enough. I have one mp10 in the 34 gallon solana which works awesome! What are the dimensions of your 57 gallon tank?

I have 2 MP40's in the 150 gallon reef that are synched together and that works well. . I don't think the MP10 is going to be enough. I have one mp10 in the 34 gallon solana which works awesome! What are the dimensions of your 57 gallon tank?

I am guesing he has a oceanic illuminata 57g, 36l x 18w x 21t. Taggiing along. I have the same tank. I have was thinking of adding an MP10.

I would say a single 20 or a 40. Either way you can dial down the 40 if it's too much and have the option to use either one in a larger system in the future with an upgrade from the 20 to a 40 if you go that route.
I run 2 MP20's on my 80.

how did this thread end up in the skimmer section anyway?

Last edited:
I am guesing he has a oceanic illuminata 57g, 36l x 18w x 21t. Taggiing along. I have the same tank. I have was thinking of adding an MP10.

Well here's a picture of my 150 gallon reef with 2 Mp40s

DSC05964ARW.jpg

Here's my solana 34 gallon. I think the dimensions are 20x20x20. This was a picture before the vortech but the mp 10 is where the koralia is pictured and it works great!

DSC05782ARW.jpg

Back