want to mod my aquapod 24 to led

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

machine646

I have a fully cycled aquapod24 I am wondering how many and what kind of leds I would need to be able to keep any type of high light needing corals,I saw on rapidleds they have a biocube24 kit would that fit on my aquapod or would something else work better,I'm trying to do this on a budget,but also don't wanna buy trash either,I have very little experience with electric work,has anyone done this? Also wondering what other meds could I do that make a big difference,I had a 20g that crashed(I belive I found out why lost everything but my clown and four hermits.any ideas would be great also want a skimmer

Get rid of the stock pump and put in a mj1200, I had a blue saphire Skimmer for mine but they don't make them any more if you really wanted to go crazy you could do what Krish did and pull the whole sump area out drill the tank and have a true sump but since your tank is cycled that's out of the question.

Try contacting ReefLEDlight.com and see what they can do to help. Their kits allow you to do the work but very simple to do and you save a ton on labor.

I ran a reef setup with the stock 24 gal aquapod. All I did with that setup was add an Aqua C nano skimmer to the back, a phosban reactor, a fan and upgraded the lights to the 150w HQI fixture and the return pump to the MJ1200. The rest of the flow was made up with powerheads. First a few maxijets then I went to a tunze nano stream. Eventually I got tired of looking at all of the pumps so I did this...

http://www.reeffrontiers.com/forums/f12/some-diy-my-24gal-aquapod-21916/

Just browse through for the pictures. Also, if you want to get real freaky with it, the bottom isn't tempered. I emailed them and they said it can be drilled so I did that. Never got to finishing it up, but if you ever decide you want to add in a sump you can. Here's where I stripped the whole tank and drilled it. Once again, just scan through for the pictures. My threads are usually full of a bunch of chit chat LOL!

http://www.reeffrontiers.com/forums/f12/dissecting-aquapod-23803/

Back