want to smash my live rock?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

dirtyd206

um so as title says i wana smash some live rock, i have a lot of rock and am buying some more tomarrow. like about 150 lbs total in a 75 gallon. but i also have the rock stacked on a 1 inch pvc stand. the stands plumbed to a pair of iwakis so lots and lots of flow threw it. so much flow that its sucking anenomies in. oops :D so i wanted to pole out a few ugly peices of realy heavy live rock i belive its marsha islands. its just really ugly and big. so i figure it would make great fillers to fill in the holes in the rock work i have that i like and keep the anenomies out. so what do you guys think. rember i have LOTTTSSS of flow threw the rock work. how can i break it up, i was thinking a roto hamer and a new chizel tip. i want small small chunks like dime golf ball size

Last edited:
LR is all coral skeletons so it breaks very easily. You could use a hammer and break it exactly the way you want...or just drop it on the cement :lol:

hammer and a screw driver will do the trick.... i also prefer the simple drop technique.

sweet glad for once things are easy :p i did a 15 gallon water change last night and acshully saved the old water to rinse the rock after words. looks like smooth sailing. o and 2 of my anenomies split last night.

Back