Warner Marine AS200 Skimmer is finally mine!!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

primetime

I have been wanting to replace my Aquac 240 for a while now. I have been very intrigued by the Warner Marine AS200. I have a predominantly SPS 150 gallon tank. My AQUA C seemed to have lost its "ummph" and it takes a long time for me to dial it in when I turn it off to clean it. I have heard great things about the AS200. Jon Warner gives great support on his products so I could not wait to get this bad boy. I will be building a new sump this weekend to add a tad more water volume and to have space to place the skimmer.

I will post pics as soon as I get things going this weekend.
If anyone has any advice or tips, please post them here. :D

Welcome to Reef Frontiers! And congrats on the new skimmer. You are building your own sump? Make sure that you post pics of the build.

Gary

Thank you for the Welcome Gary!!!

Sounds like a plan Gary. Its going to be a very very basic sump.. I have no experince doing this at all. I only have a 40 gallon glass breeder to use. But its better than nothing right ? :) I am very excited about my new skimmer!!!

Brock

I can say that my AS150 has been a great skimmer you will be happy with your AS200. My old ASM skimmer was a pain and temperamental to keep running, I constantly had to fiddle with it. So the Warner Marine skimmer has really been an improvement.
You are right about the support from Jon Warner and the build quality of the skimmer is excellent. It just works and in the end that's what you want. When it is full of skimmate, it is easy to twist off the collection cup and clean it out and with the polished edges I don't cut myself.

Here's a pic of the skimmer after one day of skimming. NOt too shabby eh?

P1010728.jpg

Back