Watchman Goby running amuck

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

travis_

Sea Cucumber
I have a Diamond watchman goby and I love him, but he is out of control in my 25 gal tank (with attached 25 gal refigium). He eats pellets no problem and will even swims up and picks them out of the water when I feed, but he continually digs, hauling up sand from under my live rock and making everything unstable and covering everything up with sand while he is at it. I have about 4" of sand and he can seriously relocate about 10% of the tank's sand in a day. Today when I came home he had completely covered 1 of my corals. I am not really asking for suggestions or anything, he is what he is, and is a full on digger (that is his name - digger). But I may have to part with him at some point :(

That is how they survive :)...Might want to find a bigger tank for him if you are tired, especially since alot of their important nutrition comes from what they find in the sand.

Good luck,

-augustus

LOL Problem is, your watchman goby is doing what comes natural. Mine does the same thing and I have the same concerns. This is why when and if I do any re-aquascaping, I'm lining the bottom of tank with egg crate, then placing rock directly on egg crate and then adding sand. That way, less stability problems due to digging.

Back