Water change pump

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

PotHuntR

Not a Damn Copepod
Wondering if anyone had any good ideas on a pump that would work to do water changes. I want to be able to put a hose in the tank and pump out the water and then put a hose in the bucket to pump back in. I can't do gravity. Space is limited. Any suggestions

I use a mag 3!! Works great. I pump from a bucket in the garage to the tank and the out going water goes from th tank to the downspout drains under my deck!!

Jason

I vote for the mag as well. I've been using the same one since they first came out. Pretty bullet proof pump and it takes a lot of abuse. I have used it it's whole life as a mixing pump and have never treated it well... it's still going. Plus in that application the two main problems with mag pumps won't matter. (noise and heat)

Mag36 for nascar style water changes and mag3 for all others.

Don

Thats funny, I could only imagine!!! I use a mag 18, which I have adapted to 1 1/4'' hose to move water from my 55 gallon barrels and it will move 55 gallons in 45 seconds. THat mag 36 would drain your tank before you were able to get the pump unplugged!!!:lol:

Matt

Back