We need a tanksitter

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

gas4544

Montipora Keeper
Greetings,

Julia and I will be heading to Indianapolis later this month for an IVF vacation. We will be gone from approximately July 18-25. Our neighbors will be keeping an eye on our house, but we need a tanksitter to stop by the house once a day to topoff our two 30-gallon tanks and to dose two-part supplements. One of the tanks has two small fish that need to fed as well.

We live in the Lynnwood/Edmonds area close to Ezell's Chicken. We will pay for your services. :)

If you are interested in helping us out, please send me a PM. If you know of anyone else who may be interested in tanksitting, please reply in this thread and/or send me a PM.

Thank you! :)

Gary and Julia

Willing to help (would love to eat at Ezell's for a few days, weeks straight!) but you might want to consider some independent ideas, you will not be gone very long so unless the fish are young they can go without feeding. The top-off can be done with a drip system unless you lose more than a few gallons per day to evaporation. I have an auto-feeder you can borrow as well.

Dan,

A PM will be on its way shortly. :)

At this time, we do not have ATO set up on either of the two tanks. The lighting is on timers, but I perform manual top-off with calcium and alkilinity additions twice a day. While we are gone on vacation, the two-part additions can be performed once a day in the evening.

I would also feel better knowing that an experienced reefer is looking at my tank at least once per day while I am gone. I have read too many horror stories from people who have returned from vacation to find out that they had a tank crash due to a power outage or some kind of equipment malfunction.

Part of our compensation for tanksitting services could include a daily chicken dinner from Ezell's plus a couple of beers. :)

Thanks,

Gary and Julia

Dont Diy drip... get your self a double switch Ato...

u need a Ato,

Dont Diy drip... get your self a double switch Ato...

u need a Ato,

After we return from Indianapolis, we will be setting up a 40-gallon breeder frag tank in the garage. It will have a sump and likely have an ATO.

Later this summer, or more likely in the fall, we plan to set up a RR 75-gallon SPS reef in the living room. That tank will have a sump, calcium reactor and an ATO as well. When this tank goes up, my current 30-gallon SPS tank will likely come down.

The 30-gallon soon-to-be seahorse/softie tank may eventually need a chiller, but I will likely not set up an ATO onthat tank. We'll see.

We run Ranco temperature controllers on all of our tanks, too.

Gary

Back