wet/dry

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

SPONGEBOB2

i have a 65 gal tank,is their any reason that the salesperson sold me a wet/dry bio filter that can handle 200 gals or should i return this system and get one that is up to 75gal

I think most people around here prefer using a sump over a wetdry filter. you might want to look around here first then consider making a change. Bigger is almost alway better, more water volume is a plus,

First of all, What do you plan to keep in the tank? Does the Wet/Dry have Bio-Balls? Do you have any Live Rock?

If you plan to keep fish only then you can probably keep the wet/dry, but if you plan to have a full reef tank then I'd remove the wet/dry and just add a sump.

You might be able to just convert the det/dry into a sump by removing the Bi-Balls. They're very good at there designed to do, but the by product is Nitrates. Which in a reef system is bad.

If going with a reef, also look at getting a good skimmer.

the system has bio balls,foam padding the a large unused area,wich i planned on putting a skimmer in,i also have a mechanical eheim II with a cora life uv,my question is do i need system that is capable of handling 200 gal,or should i return it for a 65 gal system thanks for the help

*I split this thread off the sand thread to keep the topics separate*

Back