What a great store!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

N1Husker

RF Staff
I just returned a little bit ago from Oceans by Design in Tukwilla I got a zoa and some snails. They don't have everything in yet, but they have quite a selection. It is bright and cheery. Everyone should check it out.

• :biggrin1:

Just came from there myself. Beautiful store. They have a BIG coral order coming in tomorrow from what I heard. There ia still a lot of great fish and coral there now. Pretty good prises too.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2

The prices were very good and I got a really nice zoa, a red one, a kenkev or something like that. I also got 15 narcissus snails for $20.00.

They have as much right now as many fish stores in the area and they don't have everything in yet. Nice, clean store. Fortunately, I only live about 5 minutes away and I plan on spending a lot of time there. They are planning a grand opening next month and it would be worth the drive.

They have as much right now as many fish stores in the area and they don't have everything in yet. Nice, clean store. Fortunately, I only live about 5 minutes away and I plan on spending a lot of time there. They are planning a grand opening next month and it would be worth the drive.

I will once my wife gives me the OK to start spending again on the tank. Keep telling her I am done for awhile then come home with something or something shows up in the mail and I get that look, so I will give it a break for awhile try to keep my word I have been good for a almost 2 months so maybe its time to see that lovely look on her face again.

The prices were very good and I got a really nice zoa, a red one, a kenkev or something like that. I also got 15 narcissus snails for $20.00.

Thanks for the kind words everyone and thank you to everyone who made it out today.

BTW Earl, the zoas you got are Kedds Reds. Very nice piece.

Yes we have many, many more corals showing up over the next couple of days. We hope to see many more of your smiling faces here soon.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

AMAZING store. Great to finally meet you Mojo. Im sure I'll stop by again tomorrow or Sunday because it is WAYYY too close to me. haha

Correct.

Got some new corals that are acclimating nicely and already opening up.

Will back there next week to pick up the scribbled angel.

Okay, Kedds Red, got it. I was telling my wife about the post and she said you got the snails for $15.00. Oh yeah, I am wrong again. My Kedds Reds are in the tank after acclimation and dipping and they opened right up. They are beautiful.

Yeaah I get the same from my wife. Fortunately she went with me as she gave them a new business warming gift. She let me get the coral, she was happy with the price and when Mojo told her that the snails were good sand sifters, we got those too. So now my tank additions will have to slow for awhile. I am happy with what I have for now. But you know how the itch gets.

I am lucky I dont live closer. I would go bankrupt.
Both fish have been acclimated and looking great.
And tell Matt...I caught my black clownfish out of a 75 gal full reef, with a net, in less than 2 minutes.
He is going in witht he female I picked up today. Hope they get along well right away.

Lorrie, maybe he knew where he was going and was willing to get there. ASAP

Yeah, could be! I got him acclimated and added him to the tank with her and they greeted each other and are sticking together so I think they will do great.

lol...I just mapquested for kicks and you guys are 3271.92 miles away and would cost $837 in gas. Thats just 1 way!!! So I wont be seeing you anytime soon lol. Maybe I can order something online in the near future though. Congrats on getting the store up and running! Just keep mojo away from electrical stuff and you'll do great :D

Last edited:
Oh come on Scampy...wheres your sense of adventure!
you can apply that to both your driving out and Mike with electrical stuff.

Yes indeed, what a G-R-E-A-T Store! Already on its way to becoming the "Best in the greater Northwest". It is a very well thought out store with its layout of Fish, Coral, Drygoods and Equipment (many of their own design). The eventual line list of product inventory will be equally impressive.

Annnnd to me in my very outspoken opinion the absolute very best thing that they are doing is: A Quarantine regimen for all incoming Fish. This is something that I feel ALL LFS's should do without exception or excuses. Since most hobbiest do not have or take time to do a propper QT process this without a doubt will improve our Reefkeeping Hobby and its reputation as a more responsible entity. I wish Eric, Becca and Mojo all the best in this endeavor and hope we will all support them for their effort in doing it the Right Way !

Cheers, Todd

Back