What are some good On-line shops?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

knight03

The area I live in has one pet store that has one salt water tank. What are some good online stores to look at? And what are the basics to start a tank? Tank, Lights<???

Welcome to RF! I personally shop at Premium Aquatics ( www.premiumaquatics.com ) who is a sponsor here and get great customer service etc. There are a lot of other sponsors here as well that will provide you with great service and prices as well as good products. You can see a list of them here...

http://www.reeffrontiers.com/forums/html.php?file=../html_files/sponsors.htm

As for the basics for setting up a tank, it all depends on what your plans are, but in any event, you need the tank, lights, rock, something for water movement (powerheads, pumps etc) skimmers (optional, but mostly preferred) and the list can go on.(LOL) Let us know your plans and we will help you along the way:)

Hope you enjoy it here:)

Welcome to Reef Frontiers!!! I think the first things to consider is what you want to keep in your tank. Do you want a fish only tank? Do you think you'll want to keep corals? Also, think about your budget. It will play a role in your initial set-up.

If you don't have any books yet, then I suggest getting a copy of The Conscientious Marine Aquarist by Bob Fenner. Outstanding first book to have. It covers a great deal of information.

As posted earlier, check out our various sponsors to see what they have to offer.

Welcome to RF Night. :)

I think the first things to consider is what you want to keep in your tank.

Nikki is absolutly right (she always is).
I've bought a lot of stuff from petwarehouse.com (Dr.fosters&smith) and they have treated me well. If you take the time you will prob find a better deal though one of our sponsors and if you look at them as a whole they will have a better selection. The cool thing about Dr.fosters&smith is that they have a great website that is easy to navigate and they have several items in most every category. So if your a newbie, you can easly get an idea on price ranges, technologies, and equipment using their site.

Hope that helps.

i also enjoy saltwaterfish, as i have never had a bad experience with them. although, i have heard that liveaquaria does a really good job too i just havent delt with them yet.

Back