What are these critters?!? Worms?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

sandra6500

these guys showed up less than a week ago... and seem to be multiplying in droves. They generally stick to my glass. They are incredibly fast moving for worms, but thats certainly what they look like. I spent some time on google but haven't found an exact identification. I would like to find a critter that will eat these guys ASAP.

Thanks!!!!!

Did your wrasse eat your cleanup crew or nip at your coral? also I have an open tank and I hear they like to jump out :-(

Actually IF you double the dose on a flatworm exit treatment they will be eradicated just have some carbon and some water ready for a good water change

Plenty of wrasse species will constantly pick at these guys until they're pretty much gone. My sixline and fourline wrasse did the job for me in the past. :)

There's not much to add. They show up & have population explosions then as the food supply is used up they die. In nature they're very common - I've found thousands in field samples. They're grazing on the algae-bacterial film-micro inverts that live on the glass. Cleaning the glass more often in combination with siphoning off the critters should keep them in check without resorting to chemical warfare.

Back