What Brand of Coral food to use?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

MarineTeng

Reef Padawan
I'm trying to decide what brand of coral food i want to use, i was thinking like coral frenzy or something like that, just wanted to see what people use/recommend

basically the ones in my signature, sps - pocillopora, millepora, monti's, i have lps - acan, frogspawn, blastos, and zoas palys xenia and some clams now too, pretty much the whole realm, i've fed my acan and blastos some mysis in the past but haven't be good with being consistant with it

With that list I think it will be a mix

I use cyclopeze for my LPS and coral frenzy for my SPS
I am starting to learn there is a draw back to BB with hardly no fish :(

With that list I think it will be a mix

I use cyclopeze for my LPS and coral frenzy for my SPS
I am starting to learn there is a draw back to BB with hardly no fish :(

I dont think there is a food on the market that will feed SPS. The micron sizes are way to big.

Don

Do you "have" to feed sps and softies? I havn't and they seem to be doing fine but i'm still new and if I need to feed them no one has told me I did, and I need to know if I do so I can go buy food.

you don't have to feed them by eay means, i just kinda want to so hopefully they'll grow faster and feed the lps mainly probably

i've become rather fascinated with this pappone stuff, i think i might try it, though i don't have really good skimming like it suggests been reading the last 20 mins on it and still going

all brands, dont discriminant. just not at the same time.... switch it up.

Anyone have any info on feather dusters. Had a white aqnd brown one that looked cool and happy. Now he has terminally retracted. What conditions do they prefer ? I was told they are filter feeders so I don"t need to do anything different than what I'm feeding my existing softies ( I know they are not a coral).

Any thoughts would be helpful.

Anyone have any info on feather dusters. Had a white aqnd brown one that looked cool and happy. Now he has terminally retracted. What conditions do they prefer ? I was told they are filter feeders so I don"t need to do anything different than what I'm feeding my existing softies ( I know they are not a coral).

Any thoughts would be helpful.

Live phytoplankton

ya, the pappone or blue coral method is what i think i'm going to try
here's the recipe from another thread, only thing i don't know where to get is the red algae, is this crucial or is it in the and/or section i couldn't decide
Materials:
5 Oysters
5 Mussels
5 Clams
5 Shrimp (NOT cocktail shrimp, the big scampi type w/o the head and the shell)
1 Tablespoon of Sugar (not corn syrup, etc.)
200 mL of RO/DI water
10 g of Red Algae (Palmaria palmata; Bisck uses Julian Sprung's brand)
and/or 10 g of Spirulina, 10 g of Nori (spirulina is what Bisck prefers)

Back