What can reasonably be automated?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Tiny Giants

I have seen a number of threads lately about automation. What things can you control?

I know about lights, canopy fans, & auto top off. I am not 100% sure about the mechanics in doing these things, but they seem achievable with my skills. (I am following Donw's post on this board.)

What else? What else can be measured by probe? If you find the parameter out of spec, how do you automate the fix?

I am only in the dream phase, but I lack the vision to see the possibilities.

Dale

I think Jiddy has a automatic posting machine to answer every thread. Sorry I couldnt help it.
I will be watching this post, just no usefull info for you right now.

I agree with Don, there is nothing mechcanical that can not be controlled. Now making a robot to vacuum out the dead spots might be streching it, but most common tasks can be automated.

Tiny Giants said:
What else can be measured by probe? If you find the parameter out of spec, how do you automate the fix?

Dale

For example:
PH
If ph is <8.3 then top off with kalk mixer.
If kalk <11 then run stirrer.
If ph is >8.3 then top off with rodi or ca rx.
If ca rx ph is <6.5 then co2 off
If ca rx ph is >6.6 then co2 on
If ph is >8.6 then halides off.
You could throw some fans into the mix or even your houses ceiling fan.

Don

Don have you been able to incorporate a PH probe to controller directly yet?

Kensn said:
Don have you been able to incorporate a PH probe to controller directly yet?

Yes I got a amp. Linear 0-5v / 7-14. Hanna also make a mini panel meter with a 4-20ma output. Lots of ways to get it done.

Don

jeremys78 said:
Workshop!

:D

I'm really only familar with one controller family. I'd be happy to help with any questions about the adi system or single component automation.

Don

Back