What Fish Should I Get??

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

tdgates10

Designer Reef
I have a 180g tank with mixed corals and six fish currently. They are a spotted rabbit fish, nox angel, pair of clowns, pair of green chromis'. I was wondering what everyone would suggest for the rest of the fish to be in my tank. I want to do a school of anthias, but other than that I'm open to ideas.

i like tangs!! maybe a powder blue , blue hippo tang, or maybe do 2 or 3 different tangs

PB tang, Flame hawkfish, I'd add 3-5 more green chromis in there as well, yellow tang, I'd throw in a wrasse as well maybe a lunar or christmas? Fourline or sixline?

i would get a goby....my sun has a pink and blue spotted goby and it has a great personallity!!!or mabey a blenny...if u have algae problems he will eat the algae

Tangs are great grazers.. sea cows. :) Consider some fish that also have some function, like the tangs for algae control, or some gobies for sand cleansing, etc. In a 180, the list of potential fish is huge. I just upgraded from a 38 to a 120, and it's a totally different world. For my tank, I've decided it would be nice to have maybe 20 small fish for a very lively reef, with a couple larger fish (tangs, foxface, copperband butterfly) in there for highlights. I just picked up an Aurora Goby, and am totally loving this fish. He's so beautiful, especially his tail! More gobies will be added as the tank can handle it. I'm looking forward to a school of 4 to 6 bar gobies, as well.

Back