What Fish to Get...

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

lunchie

Okay, here it is...I don't really trust my LFS and so many people have differing opinions I thought I would put this out there. We have a 75gal FOWLR and we are unsure of what other fish to add.

Currently we have:
Blue Damsel
Yellow Tang
Pink Spotted Watchman Goby
FoxFace Rabbitfish
Red Leg Hermits
Arrow Crab
Snails

I want to make sure that any additions will be compatible with what we currently have. Any suggestions is greatly appreciated.

The figi blue damsel is one of the kindest but can still be mean. arrow crab cab become a problem when they get big. other than that you look great. watch out for aggression between the rabitt and the tang. maybe try a really small yellow tang.

I personally invest in a fairy wrasse as they are brilliantly colored and usually are not agressive except w/ the exception of other wrasses. One would fit in your community very well.

Goodluck

lunchie - I just want to clarify - these are fish you already have? Have you thought about adding a clownfish or 2? How well do your current fish all get along?

Pajama cardinals rock!!!!!!! They are excellent, school around and just look neat. Have to second the fairy wrasse or a small wrasse I have tailspot wrasse that just rocks. Also take a look at a flame angel or a coral beauty or a bicolor angel. If you have the extra cash, you may think about a blue faced angel fish. I have one, he is awesome. Sometimes you see him at the top of the page as a reef frontiers rotating banner. The problem with that is the tang, and rabbitfish will get big, three big fish in a 75 can be bad. I have a blode naso and the blueface together, the rest of my fish are small, and I have the ablility to sell any fish that gets to big for me to people with huge tanks. Knowing me however the tank will just get bigger and my 75 will make a nice sump. LOL Steve

NaH2O said:
lunchie - I just want to clarify - these are fish you already have? Have you thought about adding a clownfish or 2? How well do your current fish all get along?

Nikki,
Yes the fish I named are what is currently in the tank. I want to add more but wanted input before I did because I always seem to get bad advice from the LFS...Currently, everyone gets along great and in fact the tang and the foxface are always together, the damsel stays to himself. The tang and the watchman "play" every now and again but doesn't seem to be too aggressive.

I did have a cinnamon clown but unfortunately it died. I was shying away from the clowns only because the damsel seems aggressive towards other fish its size and also because though they say clown fish don't require an anemone I feel they are best with one as it is a natural environment for them and I don't have the proper lighting for anemones right now maybe years down the road...

Thanks
Deb

You could always get one of those fake anemones that sway in the water, they look real and dont require any lighting

You've got a FOWLR.....go with an Angel. You could easily go with a flame or a coral beauty, not too expensive, bright colors, attractive fish....think about it.
I would stick with the centropyge family simply because you already have several fish in there....

Nick

Back