What I did (caught) on my summer vacation in Canada!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

David Winther

Sorry for the big file, but hey, it's a big fish! Took about 20 mins to land it in the boat. Fishing with downriggers at about 20 feet. Plastic Squid lure. 30 lb test line.

Chinook (King) Salmon:
Length: 42 inches
Girth: 25 1/4 inches
Weight: 34 lbs
Date: 2 Aug
Time: 1300

Alex is the guy on the left with the hat and I am on the right. Alex was driving the boat and took care of the netting for me!

David-and-Alex-with-The-Kin.jpg

With a nice fish like that I would expect an invite to the club for a summer picnic.

Very nice catch. :)

OK David I guess you didnt read paragraph 10 section 3 of the users agreement. I will paste it here for ya
" No user shall post pictures of large pacific coast Salmon, while on vacation, if Mike is stuck sitting on a jobsite 24 hours a day working, while day dreaming of catching said Salmon himself" ;)

Tofino is a great place to fish, nice little community to. Did you drift over to Bamfield or go down the inlets?? some great fishing in them parts.

Mike

We spent eight days there with Alex and his wife Line. We went as far out as 8 miles in the ocean and all over the "inlets" in the area. All said we logged over 540 miles on his boat. I caught this fish by "Tree Island" which I gather is a bit of a local name and not the real name.

All in all it was a great vacation. We took home tons of crab and prawns as well. I gained 7 lbs in the 8 days we spent there! HA!

Just playing a bit of "Fishing Poker" with you.....

I'll see your 34 pounder (in my right hand), and raise you up 6 to the 40 pounder in my left hand.

423709_7198240493706455124_vl.jpg

423708_6677885210581027663_vl.jpg

River Fishing up in British Columbia. These are just a few of the ones I landed, you should of seen the ones that snap off the 20 pound test leader! My buddy has landed a 55 and 58 out of the river here, sworn to secrecy as to exactly where......<grins> But we toss back the 20 and 25 pounders!

omg... i gota findmy pic of my 51" muskie i caught...but still thoes are very nice!

Nice fish!!! Mind letting me in on the secret location? ;)

Here are a few other pics from our trip.

These fish are all Coho that we caught up there.

The wife's fish was 12 lbs! Not a bad Coho! She got it about 10 mins after I caught the Chinook in the same spot.
My daughters was about 8lbs. It was great being there when Katelyn and Buddy (David) each got Salmon for the first time!

4coho.jpg

Me with 4 Coho we caught that day.

jillscoho.jpg

My wife Jill with her 12 lber!

katelynscoho.jpg

My daughter Katelyn with her first Salmon.

budscoho.jpg

My son David (Buddy) with his first Salmon.

We had a great time in Canada!!

:)

Glad you enjoyed our Country, Fishing and Hunting are the best.

MINIATUS :) :)

Back