What is a mesh mod

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

jmp21677

Did you touch my drum set
I have seen this done with the tunze 6025's I have and was wondering what is the benefit and how do you do it. Or better yet who can show me how to do it.

OR, check this out
the-white-boy-afro-18573.jpg

dog-afro.jpg

I have seen this done with the tunze 6025's I have and was wondering what is the benefit and how do you do it. Or better yet who can show me how to do it.

well. if your talking about modding your tunze powerheads, that's different then the mesh mod that poeple do to the impellar of their skimmer pumps.

if you just want your tunze 9025 modded, you can bring it to me at barrier reef, i'll do the tunze for free, it takes 1 minute.

Mike,

Thats wrong on sooooo many levels..........

What did your dog ever do to you?

:D

Nick

well. if your talking about modding your tunze powerheads, that's different then the mesh mod that poeple do to the impellar of their skimmer pumps.

if you just want your tunze 9025 modded, you can bring it to me at barrier reef, i'll do the tunze for free, it takes 1 minute.

I've seen references to modding the Tunze nano streams, but have yet to see anything definitive about it. I understand its purpose is to increase flow from the nano streams, but beyond that I have no idea. How is it modded, and how much of a flow increase is gained? Does the flow pattern change at all from stock? Pictures would be great if possible?

Nick

uhh me wants to know about the nano tunze being modded :) .
i saw a thread in RC on how you cut some pieces from the tunze but i didn't follow the thread completely.
does it help alot?

Pics of the areas you're talking about? What kind of improvement is seen when the 6055 is modded in this mannor?

Nick

I modded my tunzes and have had great results. I haven't seen any negatives and the flow increase is great. Very easy to do, I did this myself with a dremel

Hey Dhnguyen,

Good to see you over here....

What sort of improvement will this make on a 6055?

Nick

Hey Dhnguyen,

Good to see you over here....

What sort of improvement will this make on a 6055?

Nick

Hi Nick,

I actually haven't seen nor used a 6055 yet so I can't say for certain what mods can be done to increase the flow. Assuming that Tunze had the same inner tube inside the shroud, you should be able to remove it as well and add addition ports to open up the inlet area a bit. This will increase the flow a lot.

One other thing I have done is cut every other rib off the shroud to increase the water inlet area. Did this on a Tunze 6060 and it added about a third more in flow.

D.

Back