What is attacking my star polyp??

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Ksflyer1

I am not sure, but I may have juvenile Nudibranch slugs eating my star polyp. You may not be able to see them in my picture, but they are 1 to 2 mm long and brown in color? There may be 50 or more all over this rock? If they are some type of coral eating snail, how do I rid my tank of them? Thanks, KS.

3-31-08002.jpg

Looks like flatworms/red planaria to me. I don't think they eat the star polyps, but given time they could smother them or just cause enough irritation so that they don't open.

i agree with jamie hill thier flatworms theirs lots of fish that'll eat em like green target mandarins or if you got corals that pack an unusualy powerful punch (which will kill you mandarin)there's a chemical killer ( muhuhahahahaha release the nukes) that has been used with little or no reprocussion.

time flies like an arrow fruit flies like a banana

In my picture, it is the little brown, or tan, specks. They are very flat. Flatworms would make more sense. Any other thoughts, KS.

Jamie, that is what I have. They look exactly like the link. Thank you very much!! Now on to the evacuation....... KS

Back