what is this????

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Some type of pod.
Pod is a generic term for small "bugs" living in the tank.
Can't tell what kind exactly, but not the bad Isopod kind.
Good critters.:D

Are the "pods" transparent and organ-less? I ask because I had some very neat organisms growing that moved by squeezing their bodies and releasing. I loved them but since they have disappeared. I do have a collection of snails that are so tiny you can barely see them. I kinda think that they may have became snails.

Have they abducted anyone???? They look like UFO's. Have you noticed any crop circles? Just joking. Are they only on the glass or are they sticking to your corals too? Are they a new development? Are they active when the lights are on? I've seen the pics you've posted of your frags and they're awesome so they must not be too bothered.

Excellent guess Vdituri.

i only see them on the glass, i can not see them on any coral day or night. They are very small they are double the size of a grain of salt super tinny, they are smaller than red bugs

Those are what I have. I must have picked them up after purchasing about 7 soft corals (attached to rocks). I noticed one night that the glass had white specks all over. My tank is about 60 days old and I have copepods as well. I like to think of it as the next stage of my tank development. Let's hope the algae phase comes and goes quickly.

no need to add anything to adjust...

your tank will adjust the numbers of these meny diffrent types of pods....
the ones you talk of.. that squeeze there selfs to move.. i have also...
some small shrimp looking things... (mysis?)
pods... bugs and little crawly things...

you will notice pooulation booms of diffrent ones.. as your tank gets older..
and the food soruce changes...

my advise.. is focus on stability

Back