what the %&C!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

trillyen

what???
ok it is really taking all i have for me not to curse in this topic so im gonna make it short and sweet

Why in the.... would my se mogul light be cutting its self on and off by its self???

its on an electronic ice cap ballast dont know how old it is but ive only used it about 30 times on and off

it didnt start truning its self on and off til i plugged it in to a dual power center from coral life i tried plugging it in else where and it still does it

no problems before to day ever

i know its not the ballast and the bulb is bran new

it only stays on for about 20 to 30 mins if that

what the .........

:confused: I don't know....here's a bump for you

You did try plugging it back into the wall, and it still does this?

I have had some issues with the Coralife Power Centers and no longer use them. My problem stemmed from salt erosion, but presented a similar result. As NaH2O stated, I would try plugging them into another source.

Since you have already plugged it in "else where". I'd try the bulb, Ive got a bulb that does this, brand new. After trying the bulb I'd guess the ballast.

Don

the ballast i had came with a (cheap) grounded add on plug, and it wasnt grounded so i went to lowes and got a black grounded 1 for 8 bucks:mad:
and now its fine, but its just wierd that it never started doing it until i plugged it into the power center

speaking of lights now though

its so cool cause my 4 in smart fans come on with my se halides, my vhos come on 2 hours before my halides and my fans come on and a half hour after the halides is on the vhos turn off, and a half hour before the halides and my fans turn off the vhos turn on, and then turn off 1 hour and a 1/2 later, but then the moon lights come on right as the Vhos are turning off

i have both lighting schemes on the same schedule on both tanks

i really didnt need a halide for my 125 i just love the shimmer effect!!

thanks for all the help though guys

fyi i think it was the cheap plug more than any thing for later reference!!!!

I LOVE YOU GUYS:D

Back