What To Do With A Sweeper Tentacle

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

drummereef

reef obsessed
What do you do if your frogspawn goes crazy? :D

FrogFinger.jpg

beautiful shot! great looking coral, I haven't seen any sweepers off mine yet. Anything close by that could be sending it bad signals?

Luckily there isn't much around except a couple shrooms. Reminds me of my cat when it's ready to pounce. :D

hey is that a frogspawn for sure? looks like a hammer now that I look at it again, heres my frogspawn a couple months back:

normal_100_4232.JPG

hey is that a frogspawn for sure? looks like a hammer now that I look at it again...

It's actually been ID'd as a morph. Half frog, half hammer. I call it the froghammer. Yours, however, looks like a true frogspawn. And a beautiful one to boot! :)

Last edited:
=( You really want to cut the poor little feller's tentacle off? How long have you had your morph? It is truly beautiful. =) When I first got my Hammer he was in a little bit of moderate to high flow. That sent out a couple of sweepers. I placed him lower in the tank, under a little less flow and I haven't seen any sweepers since. I don't like my Hammer's color. It's Pink. I ordered Teal! I was sooo mad. grrrr Here is my pink hammer. =/ This was when he was in higher flow, now he's lower and actually quite a bit more extended.
MVC-037S-1.jpg

Last edited:
=( You really want to cut the poor little feller's tentacle off? How long have you had your morph?

No, I really don't want too. I've heard of people doing this and was just wondering what would happen. :) I've had it since January 2007. It is in moderate flow, but get's good polyp extension. Yours is lovely even if it's pink. :D The polyps look huge, almost like a bubble coral.

Last edited:
My LPS always sends out these sweepers when I feed and occasionally at night. My frogspawn once sent out a huge sweeper, over 6 inches, and it got stuck on a ricordia. They tugged back and forth for a day. The amazing thing is the heads didn't pull back in on the frogspawn. I would say just leave it, but move anything sensitive out of the perimeter.
-chris

My LPS always sends out these sweepers when I feed and occasionally at night. My frogspawn once sent out a huge sweeper, over 6 inches, and it got stuck on a ricordia. They tugged back and forth for a day. The amazing thing is the heads didn't pull back in on the frogspawn. I would say just leave it, but move anything sensitive out of the perimeter.
-chris

Wow, 6" that's crazy! Probably good advice just leaving it be. Thanks. :)

Back