what to get rid of

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

wax

i've read that some coral are not good to have with sps's. and i'm wanting more. right now i have.

1) montipora capricornis 3) montipora digitata

3) brains 3) trumpets 2) plates

1) toadstool 1) fiji yellow ( i know both are bad but i would like to keep them both)

kenya tree, silver xenia, zoos, (green star polyp away from everything)

so what should i get rid of ?

tank) 75gal + 30gal sump
water change 20% every two weeks
two reactors 1 with 200 grams of carban that i change every two weeks and 1 with 75 grams of phosban that i change every month

thanks

imo i think you're fine :p.
but if you really wanna get rid of stuff... green star polyps are bad and the leathers are bad too but since you like them... may be a little nano for them would be nice :p :) .

my xenia is on a rock by it self on the sand. it's been their for the last yr. when it trys to spread it always on the glass.

what about the kenya tree? how bad are they to sps's

Hello,
In such a small tank it would be best to remove the GSP's, and Toadstool leather. IMO the Yellow leather (Sarcophyton elegans) might be kept with regular water changes and use of carbon.

The coral called Kenya Tree is often associated with several different soft coral Genus. The one I use the name for is Capnella sp.. It is considered low toxicity and does not grow or multiply as quickly as other similar species. Some species can develop an attractive blue/green coloration under higher light conditions. It is possible that they can be adversely affected by being placed too close to some stony corals. I cannot name specific species as I have not kept them with stony corals.

Regards,
Kevin

Back