What WON'T my fish eat?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

vasubandu

Green Bird Wrasse by Les
I have a 180 gallon FOWLR tank with many fish that are not reef safe, including butterfly fish, large angels and some wrasses. I have been getting rid of some old equipment that I no longer use, and everyone always offers frags in trade. That's fine, but it would be nice to get something that isn't too hard to keep or would just be snapped up by the fish.

My lighting is a DIY LED system that probably equals 2-3 250 Watt Halides. That a whole other story. So my tank is bright, but I question whether I have the amount of light needed to keep corals happy.

Any thoughts about what would be a good fit? And if you need a 400 Watt IceCap ballast and Spider Light reflector, I would always consider a nice frag, whatever that is.

Anyway, I have a large angel that will not eat green star polyps, mushrooms, hammers, frogspawns, leather corals or sps. From what I've heard butterfly fish will eat sps, so you may want to try cheap noxious soft corals first. Maybe a hammer or frogspawn, but all fish are different, so there is really no telling.

My large angel will eat most lps (not the hammers and frogspawns), xenia and zoas. Good luck figuring it out.

Vasubandu, give me an idea of what you're looking for and I just might trade you. Looking to replace one of my 250w for a 400.

Back