What would you do different?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

straycat

I am trying to learn as much as possible about reefing before jumping into a big tank! What if anything would you do different now that you have yours set up and running? Thanks, Lon

Last edited:
I'd get the biggest tank possible because with this hobby, it seems like you only add to the tank.. corals, fish, inverts, etc. There is always something fun to add so I'd get the biggest tank your space/budget allows.

Me personally, I'd also like to try a glass tank vs. an acrylic. I really like the rounded edges of acrylic, but I don't like how easily it scratches. Acrylic is easier to cut to make a closed loop though, which does make it appealing for a lot of people.

I'd want to try a closed loop if I ever did it over. Powerheads are not so attractive in the tank and they always seem to break. If you are planning a tank with corals, I'd do a closed loop.

Last edited:
:lol: I would have done what your doing! :lol:

Welcome to RF :)

Dont buy anything on impulse. Go home and research when you see something you like. I nearly had enough spare parts to set up a second tank by the time my 120 was finished.

All the above and Read, read, read and read some more. And never think you know it all, There is always something new that pops up.

Back