Whats on your Christmas tree?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

trido

Fish Tank Freak
For years now. my wife, Robin and I have been collecting ornament for our tree and part of the fun of decorating our tree is remembering where some of them have come from and which year.

These range in size shape and color of course. Some are simple Wal-mart balls others are hand blown glass with 14 karat gold inlay's.

I'll list a few that always stand out to me but wont post pics unless someone really wants to see them.
Hand painted reef from Maui Hawaii. It is painted on the inside of the glass
Grizzly bear from Yellow Stone Park as well as a Bison
A large VW bug with Just married in the back window
A small collection of glass ornaments with 14K gold
a small glass heart with the inscription " Our First Christmas 2000"
A glass pear with a tin inset made in the 1960's
A collection of Reef fish I picked up a couple years ago
A few hand blown glass fish my Mom bought me over the last few years
My newest Octopus ornament I picked up today

and of course we have plenty of Santa's, Snowmen, Candies, Dogs, Cats, Mice, and the list goes on.

I would be scared to death to hang some of those keep-sakes on my tree!!!

What if.............

My favorite thing on my tree, is my little pigs.

We do the same thing. My favorite one is cousin eddies rv from Christmas vacation. Push a button and it plays "that there's an RV...don't you go falling in love with it now, because, we're taking it with us when we leave here next month"

My Favorites are the hand me downs, the toy soldiers and drummers i inherited from my mom, they hung on our tree when i was a kid and im 50 now. Another is a half styrofoam ball with a pic of my son he made in daycare around age 5, and the wreath he made out of pretzels at same daycare around same age. The more I think about it, the things my son made by hand are the most treasured, even though they are worn and tattered and rather silly looking, they mean so much more than something new and shiny and glittery from walmart. Christmas is about family for me, about memories, about tradition. I have a fake centerpiece that is hideous but it belonged to my great grandmother in England and is probably 100 years old, and it goes out every year, even though it looks dated and old, it represents something that cant be replaced...
The Glass Lighthouse from our Florida vacation
The Cable Car from San Francisco
The little skydiver with my wife's name from when she was a child,
The Santa hand carved by my father
I could go on, but those top the list.
Merry Christmas to all my fellow hobbyists, from my family to yours, may the spirit of the season fill your homes with warmth, love, and Joy this Christmas Season.

Back