Whats the best thing to use to clean these

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

brady816

Hello everyone its been a little while since i posted questions on here :) but i wanted to ask you guys how should i clean these drums. I got them from work i work at a pharmaceutical company the drums were used to hold the raw form of the drug we make. They were lined with 2 bags so none of the drug come in contact with the inside of the drum. Would soap and water work the best. Or should i not take a chance on using these and go buy some drums from a store???? Thanks in advance for answering my questions.

I use simular drums they were filled with syrup from a coke facility. I cleaned them by rinsing them with water and let soak for a while, I repeated this process a few times and finished with a mild viniger wash and a good rinse.
Since yours were lined with plastic I am guessing they had very little contamination from the product stored in them. So IMO I would use mild viniger wash and a good rinse.

thanks guys the drug that was in the container was Pharmatose/ Milled lactose in powder form in 2 bags..

Water soluble non-toxic organic.
Long water soak in the sun allowing it to heat up, rinse repeat a few times.
When a TDS meter shows zero after RO soaks in it, should be good to go.

Back