What's the deal with ozonators?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Many enjoy the water clarity they yield and others feel it helps keep parasites down. They require a skimmer of sorts as a reactor and an ORP meter or controller to use properly plus some other ozone resistant equipment. Don can tell you a lot about the equipment and Anthony C about the desirability. I would like one but have never made the leap.

I'm reading over this... so let me throw some stuff out and see if you guys can confirm...

I have a 125G w/ 30G sump.

I should be able to run a 50mg/h at about 10-15% 24/7 and not have any problems, right ?

Is the carbon really needed? Lots of people say they don't use it...

And I can either put a line form the ozonator to my skimmer or build an ozone reactor out of pvc...

I'm reading over this... so let me throw some stuff out and see if you guys can confirm...

I have a 125G w/ 30G sump.

I should be able to run a 50mg/h at about 10-15% 24/7 and not have any problems, right ?

Is the carbon really needed? Lots of people say they don't use it...

And I can either put a line form the ozonator to my skimmer or build an ozone reactor out of pvc...

Yes, Yes, and Yes

For the second yes, just because other people don't use drip loops, don't use GFCI's, don't do waterchanges, etc. doesn't mean that it is a wise thing to do.

We also have a number of good articles in the library. http://www.reeffrontiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78

Back