Whats your favorite LFS ?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Bouzouki

Washington state only please. I have been to a few but deciding on where to go next. Please explain why.

Can't narrow it down to just one...lol. Here in Spokane, we've got Aquarium Solution and Aquatic Dreams, both sponsors of Reef Frontiers. Both have great selections, great prices and awesome customer service. Both are also a wealth of knowledge!!

In Seattle, I'd have to go with Barrier Reef, who is also a sponsor, for all the same reasons mentioned above!! Haven't been to most of the others in the Seattle area though.

Last edited:
Washington state only please. I have been to a few but deciding on where to go next. Please explain why.

A Red Sea Aquarium in or around Lynwood and Barrier Reef near Renton. Both have great, helpful staff that are fair, helpful and knowledgeable. I bought a montipora frag from red sea and he made sure I knew there was a bit of algae growth between the frag and the plug. Both stores have folk on here frequently helping out.

I can give you a few that are fine for browsing but to go in with earplugs :) There are a few stores that I've seen some cool corals at, but they either don't know much or are way to interested in sales. So if you go there you have to know what you're looking at and if it's a reasonable price.

1. Barrier Reef - high end livestock and knowledgeable staff

2. Reef Mystique - The owner is great. They get some very large nice coral colonies in.

3. A Red Sea Aquarium - Similar setup to Barrier

Qt = price and selection
Saltwater city = good price Great staff some of the best to talk with
Barrier Reef = Large high end ( but I am not high end)

1. Barrier Reef - high end livestock and knowledgeable staff

2. Reef Mystique - The owner is great. They get some very large nice coral colonies in.

3. A Red Sea Aquarium - Similar setup to Barrier

Last edited:
I like Barrier Reef and Blue Sierra ...if BS was closer I would probably go there mostly.

BR has great selection of SPS and LPS. The staff is always kind. The customer service is great...

BS I like a lot because of how much of everything they carry... from bulbs, corals, tanks, ballasts, and other odds and ends... they have so much stuff in one place. And the prices there are pretty nice on several things.

I visit indoor reef because I like the owners. They are both good to talk to and fun to be around when together. Mostly I like the social aspect of this store as I meet some cool people there as I get supplies. His store could use more cosmetic appeal but that doesn't deter me from visiting weekly.

PS> O.P> Great general topic... I likes the change of talk..not so help with this or that stuff...

First off where is QT??
And in the southend Aquarium Paridise for variety and size of store and freindly, family owned and run for 20+ years!(not price)

I mainly go to Barrier Reef and Blue Sierra although I have to be honest I think BR has had healthier Livestock overall. Both places have friendly staff BR by far has a plethera of knowledge as everyone there is very experienced.

Lot of good reef stores around here but Barrier Reef is my favorite! The coral and fish selection is awesome and the guys there really know their stuff and are great to work with!:)

PETCO:D:D:D

j/k

For fish I would have to go with A Red Sea Aquarium. For Corals I'd give the advantage to Barrier Reef although ARSA is making huge strides in that area. Can't really go wrong with either.

Update: I was just at ARSA a few days ago and they are really stepping up their game in the coral dept. Hopefully the competition between them and BR will keep making both stores better :D

PETCO:D:D:D

j/k

For fish I would have to go with A Red Sea Aquarium. For Corals I'd give the advantage to Barrier Reef although ARSA is making huge strides in that area. Can't really go wrong with either.

pfftt PETSMART RULES !!! :lol::lol::lol: where the pets are smart????? :confused::confused::lol:.

BARRIER REEF for the win !!! i like that store :) great stuff, very good costumer service and to me i feel like their prices are good.

For hands-on help and cautions, esp. for newbies, I really like Jesse at Denny's Pet World in Totem Lake. He's always courteous and knows his stuff. Good credit for anything that doesn't it make it in a reasonable time, too. Even though they sell other stuff, Jesse's the go-to person for reefs on the north Eastside.

BIG sale on livestock this coming Friday (Dec 5?) at Denny's - might see you there. Limited hours (5-7pm?). Check their website http://www.dennyspet.com/index.php?section=5.

Barrier Reef: Great Service, Great Health of Product. Really nice selection of SPS.
Aquatic Dreams: Exact same reasons as above

Blue Serria: I have had really good luck with with their fish. Their current staff is nice and helpful too, but not super experts.

I mostly frequent ARSA since they are the closest to my home. Their corals are great and the advice is top notch!

barrier reef - smart, friendly & lots of choices. always have a hard time choosing what to get!

reef mystique - got our 92g tank there and a lot of our fish & corals. ro/di water available free but donations are appreciated. wil is great.

blue sierra - always have a wide selection & sometimes good sales. we only go there a few times a year because of the distance

have not been to a red sea aquarium yet

we live by denny's pet world but the only staff there i trust is jesse - all of our shrimps, crabs and snails came from here though.

saltwater city is nice but we don't go there very often

Back