when a clown fish reach mature stage?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

aaron7405

Hi there

I bought 2 perculas almos 7 months ago from FLS there where really small. today they have increase the size but I want to know at what age or size they get the mature stage and start to host . One is concider more big than the other (female I guess)

Thanx a lot.

"Hosting" and mature stage may not be connected. Signs of nesting are more the tip off. The female becomes aggressive to the male and they together defend an area they have set aside for a nest. They will clean an area as part of their preparation. Some host, some won't. Some will host with a wide variety of unusual marine corals in addition to their favorites. There are a lot of variables, including not knowing how old they were when you got them.

Hi there

I bought 2 perculas almos 7 months ago from FLS there where really small. today they have increase the size but I want to know at what age or size they get the mature stage and start to host . One is concider more big than the other (female I guess)

Thanx a lot.

I have had babies (percs) find a host as early as 3 months old

I have 2 that can't decide where they want to nest!!:p One day or week one place one the next.... I will just wait. Nothing happens fast and they are only about 1 1/2 years old ( tank born A. Ocellaris).

Back