When are bristle worms "too big"?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

cyberdeth

Just curious. I have one that is at least 8". I think I have a bigger one because his width was about 3/4" but I haven't seen it in a while.

TIA!

-CD :)

Erk! Holy cow. I don't think they have "too big" exactly, but I would expect eventually they will no longer be able to scavenge enough food, and will either starve or eat something you didn't want them too out of desperation.

Makes me think of my discovery today of 3 asterina-type stars(pale blue-gray with reddish dots on the top center) that are almost penny sized. Never heard of them growing larger than pencil erasers, but my little nano is pretty mucky...

Erk! Holy cow. I don't think they have "too big" exactly, but I would expect eventually they will no longer be able to scavenge enough food, and will either starve or eat something you didn't want them too out of desperation.

Makes me think of my discovery today of 3 asterina-type stars(pale blue-gray with reddish dots on the top center) that are almost penny sized. Never heard of them growing larger than pencil erasers, but my little nano is pretty mucky...

Want to borrow my bristle worm? :D

bristle worms can get huge. i really think one ate my clam. there nasty little buggers althow they do a great job cleaning up. i found one in my tank over a foot long. but go youtube it theres some that are massive.

This guy will hunt down any crazy bristleworms you may have.

DSC03192.jpg

Back