Where can I get mangroves in WA?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

extremecoral

I was reading couple articles about mangroves help reducing nitrate and phosphate...I'm wondering if someone have experienced the tree and if so I'd love to hear more about it. Also where do you guys think to get these. Online?LFS?or green house :wink:?

What part of WA are you in? Everyone seems to have a local Petco, if so they can order them for you. or a LFS

I've gotten them from Reef2go. They are a sponsor here. Check with some of the other sponsors. I am not sure if any other sponsors supply them.
I have kept them for a while. Kept one in my pico for quite a while. Grew pretty well for a couple years. Here just recently it lost its leaves. Dont know how much it helped with nitrates. Never tested that tank.

if it lost its leaves then it dies? I heard people talk alot about the mangroves lost their leaves then died out. Is it also a slow grow plants?

I dont think so. Usually when you get them they dont have any leave on them. Most the time they will be sprouting a new stem out of where it was cut.
If its like a lot of plants, you can cut it. Were its cut, it should sprout new stem(s) and the top piece that was cut off, if you put it in water, should sprout roots and then new stem(s).
I have heard they are hard to keep. I dont have fish in the pico any more. I still do water changes, and the cheato grows pretty well, so maybe I dont have the nutrients for it in the pico any more. It grew pretty tall too. Might have been too close to the LED's. IDK.

Email them. They may not have them posted, but could have a few available. They are nice people.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2

Back