where to buy fish on line

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Welcome to Reef Frontiers, I have never bought fish online but I have coral. Yourreef.com is one that I know personally and is a good guy. I also have had some good luck with some ebay sellers.

Welcome to RF :)

Check out the sponsors page. There are quite a few good retailers there.

I like to buy from saltwaterfish.com. They have free shipping on purchases of $78 or more which I have not been able to find anywhere. They also have a 15 day garantee which I can't get anywhere locally. The biggest draw back to all of this is they are always out of stock on a lot of stock as they do a great turn around. Just my 2 cents. :)

Recently I've price compared the four following sites.

www.saltwaterfish.com
www.liveaquaria.com
www.bluezooaquatics.com
www.thatpetplace.com

I too have had difficulty with saltwaterfish because they are always out of stock. Though I have to say that if you sign up for the wish list then they shall email you once they have stock. Otherwise all four of these web sites had good prices though I definetly recommend comparing and contrasting. Hope this helps.

I ahve always had good experiances with LiveAquaria and www.phishybusiness.com

Serdar and Renee at PB keep their livestock in QT for some time before offering it up for sale. Its worth buying from them when possible.

Nick

I have personally bought from liveaquaria.com and vividaquariums.com on several occassions, and have been very pleased with the quality of their fish. But more importantly, it is the customer service that drives me back as a repeat customer. I will not do business with a vendor that does not offer good customer service. This is why I will never do business with Saltwaterfish.com.

On the flip side, I've had good customer service from liveaquaria AND vividaquariums. For example, I had placed a large order from vividaqauriams and had a cleaner shrimp that was DOA. I called VA to let them know and without hesitation they first, apologize for the loss, and second, offer a replacement or a credit to my order. VA also QT their fish before sending out and makes sure all fish are eating before they leave the store; they also have a 15 day arrival guarantee.

HTH,
Kirk

Back