Where to buy fish?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

howejeremy

I'm looking at getting back into the saltwater industry and setting up a nano tank (15 gallons), but don't want to travel too far for fish or corals. Does anyone have some good suggestions for stores near the Lake Stevens/Everett location that carry a good healthy selection of saltwater supplies/fish. I'd be willing to travel up to 30 mins. Also, is it ever recommended to buy fish online, or is it possible to find reasonable shipping? Thanks!
-Jeremy

I'm not familar with the areas up there in the US being from the Bahamas, but I do know there are quite a few sponsors here that are in the Washignton area like Barrier Reef and Aquatic dreams which are two I would definately recommend visiting if in your area. You could also browse through through the other sponsor's here http://www.reeffrontiers.com/sponsors.php and see if any others are located near you. The first couple on the list are from Washintgon. Also, I will move your thread into general discussion where it will get more views seeing atleast 75% of the members here are from Washington so they will know which places to suggest. :)

Last edited:
There are some great LFS, in your area, some of which are also sponsors, here on Reef Frontiers. Off the top of my head, Barrier Reef, Blue Sierra, Saltwater City, are all sponsors, who are fairly local to you. I believe there's a couple others, as well. I've not been to all of them, so can't give personal experience. Browse through our Sponsors and you will find some great places. As far as buying fish online, in my opinion, it's always better to see the fish you're purchasing, prior to a purchase. It gives you a chance to see it's behavior, see it eat, see how it interacts with other fish and with people staring at it. However, there are a few great places, that are very reputable, online. There's also a great sponsor, who catches fish, in Hawaii, and ships, Wet Pet Hawaii.

Reef Keeper Supply
123 N. Olympic Ave - Arlington
[email protected]

Not wanting to travel more than 30 minutes limited you a bit.
Barrier Reef in Renton is a great store. Well worth the drive.
Denny's Pet World in Kirkland is also good. Not on par with Barrier though.
A Red Sea Aquarium in Shoreline is a great place. They are closed at the moment. But we are hoping it reopens soon.

Last edited:
Another possibility is you have 15 or 20 good reefers just in Everett and some of them belong to North Sound Reefers. Get the info and come to the next meeting. For a fifteen gallon tank you wont need a lot of fish. Perhaps you can trade within the group. What kind of setup did you have before?

I would definately recommend Barrier Reef in Renton. It might be right at or a bit more than a 30 min drive from Everett, but it will be worth the trip. I live in Olympia and make the hour long trek from here when I buy fish, I like to see what I buy. I haven't ordered anything online yet, but I was thinking about trying the Wet Pet Hawaii.

Back