Where to buy glass in Seattle?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

jaysauce

I am pondering the idea of building my own tank and was wondering if anyone knows where I can buy cut glass in Seattle and how much they charge?

Thanks!
Jayson

tank glass

When Roscoe ( a member here on RF, name is Suarang i think) was building his big DT it cracked and he had to buy a big (71x34 if i recall) piece of glass to glue in and fix it. I remember he called all over Puget Sound checking prices and found a place that was a whole bunch cheaper than everyone else. I don't recall the name of the company, but if you locate Roscoe's build thread and look about half way thru where he was looking for glass, he lists the company name.

+1 on perkins glass, on broadway south of pine.

I've gotten glass for 4 or 5 tanks from them, they charge half of what i've been quoted by all the other glass shops around here. Smallest was my 9x9x9 pico of 1/4" glass which was 14 bucks and change, up to ~$80 for a 24x24x16 out of 3/8" glass. And this is with all "flat polished" edges, which is the shiny edge with the small bevels like you see on all the $$$ rimless tanks like elos.

They have smoke gray glass too which is nice for tank backs and sump dividers.

Back