which calc reactor

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Jessbo

I have a 125 gal reef tank and am now willing to invest in a good calc reactor. Any reviews, opinions?

I'm assuming you're talking about a calcium reactor as opposed to a Kalk/Nilsen reactor?

There are several good calcium reactors out there.

Some of the most popular are:

Geo reactors, (Sold through Premium Aquatics)
Schuran Reactors...(also sold through Premium)
and
Korralin reactors (sold by Marine Depot). I have a Korralin and for the most part it works well. I still need to get it set up better which will improve its performance, but those issues are on my end, not the reactors.

Nick

Geo has been recommended to me by another person too. The schuran I have been told is awesome, but hard to find parts, and if you do, they are expensive.

The only reason I was considering a precision marine model is that my lfs uses this on their new 300 gal display tank. The coral growth is spectacular! But they just seem a little cheap from just looking at them. Korallin was recommended by marinedepot and a few others, since they are widely used in Germany, and have been for years. Guess it is a choice between the Geo and Korallin.

Precison marine has outstanding Products as well, I have never heard anyone complain about them, Coral Vue also has a descent design to work with at a real reasonable price. I use one them personaly and never had a problem one.

Back