White Spot........cure

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

*moving to the fish discussion forum*

mohd - Welcome to Reef Frontiers!!! I hope you enjoy the website!

By white spot are you referring to marine ich or Cryptocaryon irritans? The only proven method, in my opinion, to get rid of ich is by removing all fish from the display, and treating them in a hyposaline environment.

Hyposalinity Treatment

Also watch for signs of sloughing skin/excess mucus. These fish can often have both C. irritans and A. ocellatum. While it is in quarantine, I would also proactively treat for possible internal worms/parasites as these species often are infested. Feed regularly with galic extract in the foods and if available to you, there are foods like Jungle labs that have praziquantel in the foods. The garlic may not "cure" a problem if present but may help you identify the possibility of it being present. Be sure to note the color and consistancey of the feces output when possible.

Cheers
Steve

NaH2O said:
*moving to the fish discussion forum*

mohd - Welcome to Reef Frontiers!!! I hope you enjoy the website!

By white spot are you referring to marine ich or Cryptocaryon irritans? The only proven method, in my opinion, to get rid of ich is by removing all fish from the display, and treating them in a hyposaline environment.

Hyposalinity Treatment

Nikki....Thank for your kindly suggest. I got first 3 Pakistan butterfly the sign appeared around 5 days after comming and put in my display tank without qualantine. They were cure by copper for 6 hrs this time I loss the biggest one.
Last 4 days, I got more 5 Pakistan and 2 black back.... Just amazing that my 2 black back enjoy eatting but seem to become slimmer.....slimmer and (Dry) in the corner of rock. After my black back gone! the sign of ich start to appear that I can see white spot all over the body and the skin and mouth become having pus and turn pink colour.
I start to put them in Methyline Blue for bathing and return to the tank. The sign is getting more terrible this morning and gone.
So far, all new 6 Pakistan and 2 black back are gone only ( The 2 ) survived.

steve-s said:
Also watch for signs of sloughing skin/excess mucus. These fish can often have both C. irritans and A. ocellatum. While it is in quarantine, I would also proactively treat for possible internal worms/parasites as these species often are infested. Feed regularly with galic extract in the foods and if available to you, there are foods like Jungle labs that have praziquantel in the foods. The garlic may not "cure" a problem if present but may help you identify the possibility of it being present. Be sure to note the color and consistancey of the feces output when possible.

Cheers
Steve

Dear steve,
Thank for your replying... In my oppion I have to start the process of qualantine for everytime getting new fish. The sign of my fishes start by got white spot from the tails and spread to the face and mouth including clouded eyes. someone them start to rub their grill with rocks.

As your message memtioned to internal parasite. Can I use some product like Azoo Anti-Endoparasite which normally used with Discus fish?

Can Ozone do the good job for the case of Ich or as apart of Qualantine processing?

Instead of the hyposalinity, I am going to suggest the fish get treated with copper instead unless you are very sure this is just typical ich and not a combination of things. Is there a chelated copper or Cupramine available to you or just common copper salts? What test kits do you have for testing the copper?
The type of copper you can get will determine what dosage to use.

6 hours in copper will do nothing. They need to be in a copper solution for about 2 weeks.

Do not bother with the dips or methlyne blue, it won't help much. You will definately need a quarantine tank for the treatments. Be sure it is large enough for all the fish and they have plenty of places to hide. Do not use sand or rock in the quarantine. Use plastic decorations or other unpainted plastics.

mohd said:
As your message memtioned to internal parasite. Can I use some product like Azoo Anti-Endoparasite which normally used with Discus fish?
By the sounds of the rapid wasting/weight loss, they could be worm infested.
Yes, this will work but I couldn't find any information on the quantity of the ingredients. It contains praziquantel and mebendazole but I couldn't find in which concentrations. Does it list a stabalizing agent?

Can Ozone do the good job for the case of Ich or as apart of Qualantine processing?
It will help with the reduction in theronts but it will not cure the problem. It can also not be used with copper or most other meds. Run it on the main tank instead, it will help there.

Cheers
Steve

steve-s said:
Instead of the hyposalinity, I am going to suggest the fish get treated with copper instead unless you are very sure this is just typical ich and not a combination of things. Is there a chelated copper or Cupramine available to you or just common copper salts? What test kits do you have for testing the copper?
The type of copper you can get will determine what dosage to use.

6 hours in copper will do nothing. They need to be in a copper solution for about 2 weeks.

Do not bother with the dips or methlyne blue, it won't help much. You will definately need a quarantine tank for the treatments. Be sure it is large enough for all the fish and they have plenty of places to hide. Do not use sand or rock in the quarantine. Use plastic decorations or other unpainted plastics.

By the sounds of the rapid wasting/weight loss, they could be worm infested.
Yes, this will work but I couldn't find any information on the quantity of the ingredients. It contains praziquantel and mebendazole but I couldn't find in which concentrations. Does it list a stabalizing agent?

It will help with the reduction in theronts but it will not cure the problem. It can also not be used with copper or most other meds. Run it on the main tank instead, it will help there.

Cheers
Steve

That's sure thing.... They haven't give more detail about its agent. You must know it from TAIWAN
In case of weight loss, I just assumed that the fishes were impacted with cyanite poison.....

If you suspect cyanide poisoning, the methylene blue will help with that but works best as a prolonged bath, 3-5 days. It is safe to mix with copper at low concentrations as well. It's still a good idea to treat for the internal worms but be sure it's via the food, not generally dosed in the water. A small concentration of the Azoo product added to the food and soaked overnight. Drain the excess liquid from the food before feeding. After the first treatment of the Azoo, wait a week and then retreat if necessary.

Cheers
Steve

steve-s said:
If you suspect cyanide poisoning, the methylene blue will help with that but works best as a prolonged bath, 3-5 days. It is safe to mix with copper at low concentrations as well. It's still a good idea to treat for the internal worms but be sure it's via the food, not generally dosed in the water. A small concentration of the Azoo product added to the food and soaked overnight. Drain the excess liquid from the food before feeding. After the first treatment of the Azoo, wait a week and then retreat if necessary.

Cheers
Steve

Ok! Can Methyline blue mixing with copper is used to QT processing system after the fish fist come. One for reducing cyanide poison and one for killing parasite.

In case of internal parasite, May I use Methomedazole to soak the food?

mohd said:
Ok! Can Methyline blue mixing with copper is used to QT processing system after the fish fist come. One for reducing cyanide poison and one for killing parasite.
Not all fish are going to be affected whe you get them so do not treat immediately without reason. If they become affected, then decide what is the best treatment for them. Not everything will be effectively treated by this combination of meds.

In case of internal parasite, May I use Methomedazole to soak the food?
Never heard of it, do you mean Metronidazole or Mebendazole?

Cheers
Steve

steve-s said:
Not all fish are going to be affected whe you get them so do not treat immediately without reason. If they become affected, then decide what is the best treatment for them. Not everything will be effectively treated by this combination of meds.

Never heard of it, do you mean Metronidazole or Mebendazole?

Cheers
Steve
Metronidazole....maybe, I used to cure hold in head of discus fish.

Metronidazole will not treat worm problems so if that was the goal, no. It is used to treat internal anaerobic bacterial infections and protozoal infestations within the fish.

Cheers
Steve

steve-s said:
Metronidazole will not treat worm problems so if that was the goal, no. It is used to treat internal anaerobic bacterial infections and protozoal infestations within the fish.

Cheers
Steve

Than what should I use if I could not find Azoo products that sometime out of stock in Thailand.

Unless you are able to correctly identify the actual problem, it comes down to best guess. The first and best "gunshot" appraoch is usually Praziquantel based medications administered via the feed. Second would be Piperazine, Metronidazole is not that affective unless a specific problem, spironucleosis.

Is there are store you shop regularly that has a website I could check for you?

Cheers
Steve

Definately sounds like a supplier problem. Asian coast fish are more prone to being fished with cyanide. I would definately check out the website. Sorry for your tradgedy.

steve-s said:
Unless you are able to correctly identify the actual problem, it comes down to best guess. The first and best "gunshot" appraoch is usually Praziquantel based medications administered via the feed. Second would be Piperazine, Metronidazole is not that affective unless a specific problem, spironucleosis.

Is there are store you shop regularly that has a website I could check for you?

Cheers
Steve

www.azoo.com.tw

If that's the product brand/site you normally buy, why not just get the Anti-Endoparasite? It contains the necessary med (Praziquantel), just soak the foods in it at the recommended dose....

Cheers
Steve

steve-s said:
If that's the product brand/site you normally buy, why not just get the Anti-Endoparasite? It contains the necessary med (Praziquantel), just soak the foods in it at the recommended dose....

Cheers
Steve

Today, I went to marine fish market for AquaPharm Cure Ich (Safe for corals and invertebrates) and AQUARIUMA ANTI PROTOZOA REEF SAFE....... Just wait and see my carpet.... ! They recommended to use 6ml per 10 gals every other day for 10 days. JUST WAIT AND SEE.

I have no idea what's in either of those products. The Aquapharm doesn't even list in on the bottle as far as I could find. Adding treatments to the display tank that are unidentifiable is a huge risk. Even if they did list the ingredient, I wouldn't recommend it.

I can't stress enough how important it is for you to use a proper quarantine tank to treat your fish seperately from the main tank. Before you aquire any new animals of anykind, you should treat the ones you have and fallow (no fish) the main tank for at least 6-8 weeks. Any future livestock additions (fish/coral or otherwise) should be quarantined first. Considering how common it seems that you keep getting unhealthy animals, you should be quarantining for every new addition before it gets added to the main tank. You will however need a seperate tank for inverts, you will not want to house them in a QT that has been used for fish.

Cheers
Steve

steve-s said:
I have no idea what's in either of those products. The Aquapharm doesn't even list in on the bottle as far as I could find. Adding treatments to the display tank that are unidentifiable is a huge risk. Even if they did list the ingredient, I wouldn't recommend it.

I can't stress enough how important it is for you to use a proper quarantine tank to treat your fish seperately from the main tank. Before you aquire any new animals of anykind, you should treat the ones you have and fallow (no fish) the main tank for at least 6-8 weeks. Any future livestock additions (fish/coral or otherwise) should be quarantined first. Considering how common it seems that you keep getting unhealthy animals, you should be quarantining for every new addition before it gets added to the main tank. You will however need a seperate tank for inverts, you will not want to house them in a QT that has been used for fish.

Cheers
Steve

My houe is renovating.... I just leave off from breeding discus fish for a year caused to many factors, then I have to clear out all things. The only way I can do is finding out some medicine even it's more expensive then I have ever used to such as Malachite Green/ copper / Methyline blue.
How do you think about KENT products that recommened that REEF SAFE?

Back